Monday, July 21, 2008

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey – Part 1


My cousin called me while I was at work this past Thursday.

She disapproved on how I answered my phone:).

She has this vision of my being a humble spirit.

She keeps wondering what happened to the "Musa she knew," a question I need to find the answer to for both our sakes.

I asked her earlier for her impressions on this blog.

I’m in my 3rd month now and I am looking into improving on it, and getting her comments or advice from her would mean a lot to me.

Since she was the one who introduced the idea that I can create my life through my beliefs and thinking patterns.

So after she complimented my template – which was like someone complimenting the frame of an artist's painting :-D – I asked her to read through the content and tell me what I should drop and what I should improve on.

Before she hang up she mentioned something to me that made such an impact , that I am still contemplating on it 4 days later.

She asked me if I knew about a book titled The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

To which I said yes.

And that’s when she said something around the lines of: me being aware of the knowledge one needs to live an amazing and prosperous life but failing to implement it.

That’s when I took an objective look at my life.

I don’t attract the things I want in my life as fast as I would want to because I preach but don’t practice as well as I should…

As soon as I effectively solve these inner discrepancies, I believe I will be a more prosperous man in the long run.

The happier I will then be and it is from this inner happiness that will allow me to be exposed to people and circumstances that will make me an even more happier person.

Act and response.

I will look into sharing extracts from this book written by Dr. Stephen R. Covey - with the intention of motivating you to getting yourself a copy, in a later post.

And also highlight, briefly, what these habits are.

Until then thanks for taking the time to read my efforts, it's deeply appreciated.

- Musawenkosi Tshoaele

Update: See Part 2 of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey here.

2 comments:

Thubelihle said...

BE-DO-HAVE....i think that you must also bear that in mind at all times,thats the secret.

Musa23 said...

That is so true.

You have to BE the person, who can DO what you want to do in order to HAVE what you desire.

Thank you Thubelihle!!