Saturday, October 11, 2008

What Is The Purpose Of Life? Part III

I thank Mbalenhle Ndovela, my facebook friend, for the inspiration behind this post.

To experience more of the good things that life has to offer, one must surround herself with people that contribute, in one way or the other, to her personal growth.

These are friends who add value to your life and don't make more withdrawals than deposits in your Emotional Bank Account.

(This "account" is a concept created by Dr. Stephen R. Covey which came to my attention in his book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.)

Surrounding yourself with anything else will limit your thinking instead of expanding it.

And a mind that expands will continue to do so especially one that seeks Truth.

Neale Donald Walsch touched on something, when I got a chance to listen to only a portion of his audio material where he was having Conversations with God, that in truth there are only two main emotions:
  • an emotion of love;
  • and an emotion of fear.
So in actuality we base our decision in either a sponsoring thought of Love or a sponsoring thought of Fear.

It is the latter that both my cousin, Nombali Ntuli, and me feel that most of us Thinking Beings favour the most.

Hence the condition the world is currently in.

It is from this "source of fear" that spawns out feelings of, as shown in The Secret DVD, of:
  • Depression;
  • Guilt;
  • Resentment;
  • Hatred;
  • Revenge;
  • Anger;
  • Criticism/ Blame;
  • Worry;
  • Annoyance;
  • and Boredom.
Feelings that Lisa Nichols says are "...those feelings that don't make you feel empowered."

Whereas its complete opposite, a "source of Love", blossoms out - in its contagious abundance, feelings of:
  • Satisfaction;
  • Hope;
  • Joyful Expectation;
  • Happiness/ Excitement;
  • Passion;
  • Joy;
  • and Gratitude.
In retrospect it was this emotion of fear that I was brought up with by two of my greatest teachers: both my mother and my father.

And if I were to receive Love, it would be conditional.

"If you don't do this I won't give you that," for example.

Please don't get me wrong, I am just trying to prove a point. I am not being ungrateful.

And Jack Canfield did mention "...about 85% of families are dysfunctional, so it's like all of a sudden you aren't so unique"


Then again how else could they have raised me either than the way THEY have been raised?

Therefore hanging with so called friends who propagate such fears with the way they perceive life, through their thoughts, actions, words and feelings would also influence my perception of life towards the negative.

With me stating that the purpose of life is for us to experience Joy, I don't think surrounding myself with people who are down and are taking me down with them, with their attitude towards life, would be a smart move on my part.

And as for you, well that is something I wanted you to think about.

"...As within, so without."

© Musa Tshoaele

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You cannot move within and stand still without"

Musa said...

Cause and effect. What happens outside of us is only a mirror reflection of what is happening within us.

Thank you for your comment.