Sunday, December 14, 2008

I Must Have The Ability To Be "Money Conscious"

You know I realized after having posted Think And Grow Rich: Desire that I tend to, after I have finished reading a self development book, not use the practical steps detailed within the book, in this case Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich, to better my life.

It completely defeats the purpose behind the purchase of the book, I might as well have taken the money and invested the money instead or something.

I was a bit angry at myself for being a walking contradiction.

Then after pulling myself together, realizing that progress is not being made by me beating myself up, I began looking out as to why was I being so "counter production."

'Why do I do that?'

'How can I change this?'

That's when I heard this guy on TV tell some teenager, who was doubting himself, that he mustn't fuss over the enormity of the task.

What he must look at is: What is the first thing that he must do?

After that is complete, he must look at the next step, and the next step after that. Up until the task/project is complete.

It's the first step, then I take another one, then another...one step at a time, one day at a time.

I mean by starting with the goal in mind and taking life as it comes one step at a time, surely I will overcome the chains of procrastination and achieve whatever desire I lay in front of me?

That's when I heard myself say: Any body can be giving directions to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but most never reach it because they either don't believe such a pot exists or the don't believe they are worthy of such wealth.

I don't (didn’t) believe in myself.

There is a psychology, I believe, when it comes to acquiring wealth.

A psychology, if cut up and analyzes vigorously, could open up the floodgates of wealth; allowing me to live the lifestyle I wish to live or, through not applying the inspired principles, keep me (mentally) poor.

I can go back and blame friends, church, family, colleagues or even people who I look up to for guidance and advice for telling me stuff life:

1. "Wanting is sinful, and that I should just be grateful for what I have,"
2. or "Money/the love of money is the root of all evil,"
3. or my all time favourite "...we can only dream neh?"

You know when you grew up, unconsciously, surrounding yourself with "limited thinkers,” and then being introduced to a world where unlimited abundance can be a way of life...well the thought is scary at first and I used to reject it as being too good to be true.

I (used to) fear the next level, it (used to) will therefore elude me.

Instead of looking at my past success I under rate myself making it almost impossible for me to succeed.

I guess that's where faith steps in the picture...

(c) Musawenkosi Tshoaele, All rights reserved

No comments: