I'm going through Think and Grow Rich again and step 2, which gets mentioned again in step 4, is so vague to me that I thought maybe writing it out might help me "get" it.
With that said here is and extract from Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill - The revised and expanded by Arthur R. Pell version:
"The method by which desire for riches can be transmuted into financial equivalent consists of six definite, practical steps:
1. Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient to merely say, 'I want plenty of money.' Be definite as to the amount. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness which will be described in a subsequent chapter).
2. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. (There is no such reality as 'something for nothing.')
3. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
4. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
5. Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire. Name the time limit for its acquisition. State what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
6. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after rising in the morning. AS YOU READ, SEE AND FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY."
[affiliate link] Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
(c) Musawenkosi Tshoaele. All rights reserved.