Thursday, March 12, 2009

Finding Joy In Labour

Today I woke up not in the best of moods. And in my attempt of asking myself why I was in such a mood, I discovered I was making things worse.

I enjoy "rolling" in to the day, as if getting my body used to the idea that it's awake now. So I took the opportunity to do something productive.

Start off the day on a positive & creative note before heading in for my evening shift later on.

So there I went, with my grumpy self, to go wash my car.

I just thank God for the guy who thought of installing the radio/cd player inside Palio, because singing along to Beyonce's new cd made me feel better.

"Don't be mad when you see that he want it...If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it."

Lol!

And while I was busy cleaning Palio, that's the name of my car by the way, words of...inspiration or motivation - call it whatever you want - came to me.

Just like they do when I get inspired to write a poem or two.

Come to think of it, I haven't written in a while hey? A poem that is...

But in any case I saved it as a message on cell with the objective of posting it here.

So to be "heard" on a large scale.

The words went as follows:

Yes I know it's full of crap and it sucks but you aren't making the situation better by holding on to it.

Let go and do something creative that will take your mind off things.

This is temporary so let it go so that you can focus on more beautiful, joyful and more loving things...like yourself for instance.

Like the ad says, "You're worth it."


- Musawenkosi Tshoaele

No comments: