Friday, January 22, 2010

When They Interview Me 5 Years From Now I Will Tell Them...

Looking back, all I could do what fantasies with Intent & Emotion of the life I was going to live.

Believing in my dreams with the growing desire of wanting them to become reality was one of the things that keept me alive.

And in any case when it came to real material possessions, all I had was my mind.

The greatest and the most powerful assest every (wo)man has at their disposal.

And I played with it like a shark needs water to breath.

Everyday I imagined the impossible as if it was real, for me in any case.

Making whatever "realistic" plans to reach my "unrealistic" goals.

Every morning when I woke up I reminded myself who I was.

I was the end result of my successfully accomplished goals.

My stride was different.

My use of grammar and speech "improved."

My carriage was full of self pride.

The vision I kept imagining in my head become clearer.

It began to be part of my memory, as if I've lived it before.

All the while being open to anyone or anything that will makes this lifestyle, my lifestyle, I kept closer to my heart than the lungs I breath, a reality for me.

(c) Musa Tshoaele

No comments: