Thursday, October 6, 2011

An Apple A Day...


"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life."

"Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure -- these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important."

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."
- Steve Jobs (1955-2011)

News about Steve Jobs

And I was just talking to my girlfriend about how fragile life is.

Almost every modern success mentor I've come across quoted Steve Jobs.

The little that I know of the man was that he was a fighter, a motivator, an innovator and he his bark was as big as his bite, if not bigger.

"Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking."

I love how he stuck to his guns, by not only getting back into Apple but also riding the Apple Macintosh brand up the ranks like I've never seen any other brand do.

And Steve Jobs loved what he did, and he even went as far as encouraging others to never give up in their search for loving what they do and doing what they loved.

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it."

Just like he said in the Stanford University Address in 2005, "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."

Thank You for the Apple Steve.

You will live on through us.

Love and gratitude,

Musa

PS: Success Magazine posted a tribute to the late Steve Jobs and you can find that article via this link >> Success Magazine

No comments: