Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's Only Fitting To Find The Fundamentals Of Life In A Hospital

This morning I woke up to a call from my girlfriend, and the only thing I heard was, "...come over" and "...emergency..."

I guess you can tell I'm not a morning person.

In my half sleepy state I some how (thank God) found myself picking up my girlfriend's mum and dad, and began heading over to Lesedi Private Hospital (I thank God for medical aid as well).

It was dad, nothing hectic though.

From my "expert" medical assessment, it was just the result of his body reacting to the liquor and nicotine abuse the body has been enduring, least we mention the negative self talk hammering.

One must have surely have little will to live if she takes things that inflicts damage to the body and the mind.

Have you noticed how it's our lack of self worth that results in our experiences of pain?

With mum accompanying dad to the casualty ward I was left in the waiting area watching some bad TV.

In the waiting area there is a picture hanging on the wall of three sophisticated looking individuals.

It says here the guy in the middle is a doctor, with his mom and dad sitting at his sides.

It was the words written beneath this power trio that captivated me.

They were so powerful, to me at least, that I felt the need to share.

"There are certain things that are fundamental to human fulfillment.

"The essence of these needs is captured in the phrase:

"To Live, to Love, to Learn, to Leave a Legacy..."


Love,

Musa

No comments: