Sunday, January 1, 2012

Why I Pray That You Don't Have New Year's Resolutions This 2012

A friend asked me, "Do you have any New Year's resolutions?"

I wanted to puke.

But choose instead to reply and tell her that I don't have any. What I do have are goals.

And I plan on reaching these goals faster this year than the goals I achieved, thank you God, last year.

I don't believe in New Year resolutions because your "resolve" has no...resolve.

If that were the case, your resolutions would still be around or accomplished, and not forgotten, by month 6 or month 12.

New year resolutions are the "in thing" around this time of the year and most people fall for them because it would seem these people stand for nothing.

That is why they don't think twice on jumping on other people's bandwagon.

You need to stand for something.

You need to take charge and take action.

You need to feed your mind with the information and ideas that will make you a better person for your sake and for the sake of those you serve.

I love you.

And I wish that you can love yourself with as much care as I have for you.

Because once you begin to neglect the aimless direction you are headed in, you will fall victim to the will of the crowd.

A crowd that will be having you take new year resolutions instead of new year six to twelve month goals.

You do not end up in a successful place, a place you would rather want to be, by accident.

You need to make a conscious decision to take conscious action and adjust accordingly until you reach the destination YOU have set for yourself.

“If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” ~ Jim Rohn, author of The Day That Turns Your Life Around

Happy New, Successful, Year.

Love,

Musa

No comments: