Monday, March 19, 2012

Book Review: "Veronika Decides to Die" by Paulo Coelho

After reading "Veronika Decides to Die" by Paulo Coelho, I've come to the conclusion that the world needs more mad people in it.

I am in love with the way Coelho braids this wisdom, that makes for a fulfilling life, in this books through his characters.

With this one, much like "By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept", I'm impressed by how he wrote this book from a woman's perspective, Veronika being the main character in this gripping blue book in question.


A feat on its own taking in to fact that the author is a man.

"Veronika Decides to Die" invites you to "go mad," as in going for those things that make you happy, but you don't for fear of being called mad.

Even though the people who made the greatest impact in this world's history were at first considered to be loco.

I just love how Paulo Coelho was consistent with this message - of daring to go for your dreams - throughout the characters he wrote about in this awesome blue book.

I'm still reeling from the manner in which he presented these teachings for me.

If you want to zone out into a world where you want to come back from feeling refreshed and moved, then you will love "Veronika Decides to Die."

Truly a page turner and so irresistible I finished it over this past weekend.

It's intoxicating and addictive, but then again it was written by Paulo Coelho.


PS. You will love his definition of madness too! Lol! Truly inspirational ♥

I love you.

Thank you.

~ Musawenkosi Tshoaele

1 comment:

Motivational Quotes said...

Great summary of a very worthwhile book.