Friday, March 30, 2012

Did I tell you how much I Love you?

I woke up from a powerful dream of me courting this new spiritual associate I just recently befriended who, in the dream, I happened to be hopelessly in love with.

I guess you could say my love for her is not limited to the spiritual realm.

I'm of the belief that you can love someone intimately without being intimate with them.

It just had me thinking of how saying the words "I love you" to someone you genuinely love has some elements of some negative meaning for me. Since experience has taught me how those three magical words tend to push away the people I love instead of pulling them in.

"You must unlearn what you have learned."


We live in a world where the words "I love you" means that you want something in exchange for this love.

Maybe it's because of our upbringing, how we where brought up being loved with conditions by our parents, and thus expect the same kind of love from the world. And so we Give our love with conditions.

The conditioned mind.

Even the Bible repeatedly refers to this conditioned love, of how you need to love God or else He will punish you.

But that is not what divine love is.

Love without expecting anything in return, that's Divine Love. That's unconditional love.

That is the love I have for my friend, that's the love I have for you and that's the love I would love to have for the world.

With practice I know I will get there.

All I need to "do" is just Be.

And Love will do the rest.

Thank you.

I love you.

~ Musawenkosi Tshoaele

1 comment:

Inspirational Speaker said...

Postings are nice and good attention too. Sharing is a wonderful thing.