Thursday, April 5, 2012

What if I told you that you could change your mood INSTANTLY by adjusting your body positioning in a certain way?

The positioning of your body determines the emotional state you are in.

When you're bored, your body is in a certain position that triggers boredom.

When you're feeling excited, your body is in a certain position that triggers your excitement.

So whatever it is you are feeling right now, you are in the state that produces that emotion.

And have you notice how the way you feel also determines the quality of your results? For example when you're frustrated, as in playing your frustrated ritual, your will produce poor results.

And have you seen when you are in a successful state - when you're playing a successful ritual - then you produce successful results.

It's all about your physiology.

That's why Norman Vincent Peale in the book "The Power of Positive Thinking" suggested we go do some physical labour when we are experiencing heartache. Because chopping wood or mopping the floor requires a different physiology than slouching, shallow breathing, tilted head, eye gaze to the ground, lips frowning...negative body triggers which are associated with being sad or feeling depressed

It's important that you know YOUR personal triggers because they aren't universal.

What I do with my body to get myself motivated and excited could be different from what you do to yourself to achieve the same results.

I'm going to follow up with a blog update that gives you tips on how you can go about identifying what turns you on or off.

I leave you with this cleansing prayer from a Dr. Joe Vitale book "Zero Limits":

I'm sorry.

Please forgive me.

Thank you.

I love you.

~ Musawenkosi Tshoaele

No comments: