Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Book that Taught Me "Powerful Lessons In Personal Change"

I was a relentless reader when I was younger.

The thicker the better.

I used to come in the library and pick a book, any book I was drawn to, read it, and if it held my interest I borrowed it and took it home with me.

One of those books was a non-fiction book, which was uncanny of me since I loved fictional books.

But then again I liked to mixed it up a little.

Thank God my parent didn't have me diagnosed with ADHD - I mean where's the fun in being normal?

This book spoke about being principle-centered and paradigms.

How change comes from the inside-out and not from the outside-in.

And how I should pay the price day in and day out to achieve true mastery.

The book also encouraged me to see things from a different view point.

How I should focus on the results and not the methods.

And how I should switch from being problem-oriented to being solution-oriented.

This book brought concept to my mind that revolutionarized my thinking.

The author was a the co-founder of FranklinCovey Co. that can be seen on this website www.StephenCovey.com.

The news of his death was reported here.

And when you click on the image below, you will be able to read the review about the very first self help book I've ever read, and be able to get a copy for yourself too:


I love you.

Thank you.

~ Musawenkosi Tshoaele

PS:

Between stimulus and response, man has the freedom to choose.
~ Dr. Stephen R. Covey:
family man, businessman, consultant, teacher, and best-selling author of
"The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People"

No comments: