Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Walking Dead

"Take the first step. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

If you listen to what you say to others, especially the conversations you have in your head most of the time during the day, you could trace some of your words to some of the things you are experiencing in your life right now.

I have a friend who didn't like her job (go figure) and we used to mastermind about alternative income generators.

Let me rephrase, alternative *FUN* income generators.

Many months passed and just yesterday she tells me that she needs to quit because they want to fire her at work.

I wasn't surprised because I made the link instantly.

And the word become flesh.

Being aware of the power of the spoken word or the power of even the written word, I could immediately link what she's experiencing to what she has been affirming.

Actually I have an example that comes to mind where I've used this power deliberately.

My cousins have a group on BBM that I encouraged my girlfriend to use when she needs well wishes or encouragement.

There was one time when she had an interview coming up and I suggested she tells the group about it.

The group blessed her.

Within a couple of days after the interview she gets a call telling her that she got the job.

I've been pushing the idea of inspired action for the past couple of posts but I can't downsize the power of man's other tools of creation.

Which in this case being the power to create with your words.

Once you're conscious of this tool then you can begin talking in ways that support your desired outcomes, instead of ways that work against them.

For example:

Instead of saying "I'm broke. I don't have money," try "I don't have money now, but even I don't know how, more money is making it's way to me."

Or "Wouldn't it be nice if some way by some miracles something comes up for me this week for me to make five thousand bucks from?"

The Golden Rule here is to always focus on the things you want.

Now is the right time to become more deliberate in carving the course of your future.

You just need to be more conscious about it instead of living an unconscious life.

The walking dead.

Obviously you need to be matured enough to realize that you need continually talk about what you want and write about what you want and feel about what you want on a daily basis BEFORE you can reap the rewards from what you have sown.

In actual fact, what I'm talking about here is a lifestyle change.

Because some way, somehow what you keep telling yourself begins to affect your unconscious actions, which then produce the results you get. As subtle as they are, these unconscious habits are guaranteed to give you very observable outcomes.

But more on that later, nonetheless I love you and thank you.

~ Musawenkosi Tshoaele

No comments: